Saturday 20 December 2014

Finished Projects: Bucilla Felt Christmas Stocking



I did it! I finished my first Bucilla Felt Christmas Stocking Kit! And just in the nick of time! I really enjoyed this project. It was quite a challenged and I needed to learn quite a few new sewing and embroidery techniques, but overall, the instructions were fairly straightforward and I didn't have too many problems. 


When I started the stocking, and saw the h u g e long list of instructions I wasn't sure how I would ever get to the end. But really, just by doing little bits every so often (usually during my son's nap times) I was able to work through it easily. There are a few areas that less than perfect, and don't look exactly like the picture. And a few bits I needed to do over to get it to look the way I wanted, but overall, I'm really happy. I think the lovely thing about handmade things is that they have a certain quirkiness that is specific to the  style of the person that made it. 

I definitely found google and YouTube super helpful when I wasn't sure how to do some stitches! This tutorial on French Knots was brilliant. I don't know what people did when they couldn't just look something up on the internet??!!



Anyway, here is my finished masterpiece! I hope you've enjoyed following along with my progress :D



I've also loved seeing my completed stocking hanging next to the one my mum made for me, 20 odd years ago! Amazing it has stood the test of time and still looks every bit as beautiful as it did when it was first made. 


This is my last post for 2014 as I will be having a (well deserved) holiday break. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Thanks for following along with me this past year and encouraging me to continue blogging with all your lovely comments. 

Looking forward to a lot more "making" in 2015! 

**You can see what I'm up to over the holidays by following me on Instagram @itsmariemade or on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Itsmariemade

1 comment:

  1. pg slot wallet ไม่ มี ขั้น ต่ำ ถ้าคนใดกันแน่ที่กำลังมองหาเว็บไซต์สล็อต ที่ตอบปัญหาสำหรับในการเล่น รวมทั้งเต็มไปด้วยความสนุกสนานแบบไม่จำกัด pgslot ไม่พลาดกับเว็บชั้นแนวหน้า

    ReplyDelete