Wednesday 27 August 2014

Coconut Walnut Truffles


As you may already know (or guessed) by the other recipes on my blog, I stick to mostly old fashioned home baking and treats. We don't have any food allergies or intolerances in my family, so I basically cook whatever takes my fancy. I am however, happy to cater to anyone else's dietary requirements. If I am visiting someone or having a friend over, I'm more than happy to make something that they can eat. 

This recipe I came across while I was cutting up the Wiggles magazine to make this garland. I was quite surprised to find this recipe and see that it was not only easy to make, but yummy sounding too. Maybe it's just me, but I don't generally expect to find many adult friendly (i.e. food adults will eat) recipes in a children's magazine!


This should suit anyone who is gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, peanut-free, egg free...and so on. I don't know much about the Paleo diet, but I'm pretty sure walnuts are ok. The original recipe had made these as cookies, but I felt they would work better as bite size morsels, so I adapted them. 

You will need a food processor or blender that can grind nuts for this recipe.


Walnut Coconut Truffles 

(makes 16)

Ingredients

1 cup walnuts
½ cup unsweetened coconut (I used desiccated) + extra for coating
2 Tbsp organic Maple Syrup
½ Tsp organic Vanilla extract
Pinch Rock Salt

Method

Put the walnuts in a food processor and run until you have a fine crumb. 

Add all the other ingredients and blend until you have a dough consistency. If the mixture looks a little wet, blend in more coconut. 

Roll teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls. Once they are all rolled, roll formed balls in extra coconut until outside is coated. 

Chill in fridge for 30 minutes.

Eat and Enjoy!


Recipe adapted from The Wiggles Magazine, June 2014 issue. 




No comments:

Post a Comment