Thursday 28 November 2013

Super Easy White Chocolate Russian Fudge




When I was growing up, my sister and I spent a lot of time in the kitchen. We pretty much only ever made cakes and sweets! One of our favourite "sweets" to make was Russian Fudge. We used a recipe from the Rally Cookbook which you had to boil for 30 minutes until it was ready to beat and set. Usually when you're making sweets you want to make and eat as soon as possible! Although the waiting does make it taste sweeter don't you think?!



This recipe I think everyone knows off by heart and truly is the simplest and quickest way I know of to make a delicious, soft creamy fudge! It makes quite a large batch, making it perfect to give away as gifts. I gave fudge as some Christmas presents last year, needless to say, it was very well received! Also, as it's made in the microwave, it's the perfect for kids to make. Maybe a teacher gift or something for the neighbours? I like to take it into work as a little morning or afternoon tea treat. 


White Chocolate Russian Fudge


3 cups soft brown sugar
175g butter
1 tin sweetened condensed milk
375g packet white chocolate buttons/melts

Put the sugar, butter and condensed milk into a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high* for 9 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes.
Remove from microwave and add in the buttons. 
Stir until buttons have completed melted and the mixture is uniform.
Pour into a well greased dish and set in the fridge for at least 1 hour. 
Cut into pieces and enjoy!




*My microwave is 850w and I use medium-high power, and I add an extra 1 minute at the end. The first time I made it I burnt the sugar mixture when using full power. You want to get the sugar fully dissolved so you have a smooth mixture before you add the melts. So you might need to adjust the cooking time and power the first time you make it. Remember you can always cook more, but you can't undo burnt sugar!



This fudge is best stored in the fridge, especially during hot weather.





4 comments:

  1. I am drooooooling. This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds yummy, but I need to know in cup measurement how much is 175g of butter and 375 g of white chocolate, please. I live in the USA and we go by cups and teaspoons and tablespoons. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1.52 sticks of butter

    ReplyDelete